Tuesday 12 August 2008

Another shiny new blog eh?

Right why are we here?
Well as a New England Ex-Pat (no i never played footbal!) living in the UK, having not been 'home' for a number of years, I'm really starting to miss some of the stuff I took for granted back in Mass.
Things like:
  • white and yellow niblet sweetcorn - it really is sweeter than the stuff we get here
  • Cape Cod (and thier chips!)
  • Boston baked beans (ok, I never actually liked them...)
  • Quincy Market/Fanieul Hall
  • Clam Chowder
  • picking lobsters from a live tank
  • fried clams
  • seafood cooked so you can still taste the main ingredient
  • I think you see where I'm coming from....
I'm a serious foodie and not getting this stuff is starting to become painful. So I ordered the New England Cookbook from Amazon, and the other day it arrived.
Thumbing through it with its stories of New England life and anecdotes of how various dishes came about made feel even more homesick - even though I haven't lived there since superbowl XX!
So my mission is to find as many sources for equivalent ingredients as possible, and start working my way through the some of the vast array of receipes contained, therein and maybe a few more besides

No comments: